Monday, May 31, 2010

The Great Arrogant


yes. i am now one of those people with a blog.
blog. what a strange, un-english-y word. it sounds much more like German-- blaaach-- you know, coughing up phlegm at the end of the word. naturally.
short for web log, i guess?
still, it sounds like the noise toddlers make when their mothers say "come on, honey, open wide for some green pea soup, or no dessert."
but the child of course doesn't want the mucky yucky stuff, so as the mother forces his mouth open, he says "bleuoaaaargh."
the ultimate form of self-expression.
and that, dear reader, is how the blog came to be.

2 comments:

LostInNeverland said...

I'm sorry. I would like to say some sort of eloquent phrase but all I can think to say is...the whole child-opening-their-mouth thing is exactly what blog sounds like. And then you think 'I don't want a blah-g, who would ever read what I have to say?' After a month of no comments and not knowing whether anyone even looks over your writing, you thing 'obviously, no one.' But there are always those rare cases when someone who is glancing through blogs, looking over a little of what writers have to say, when suddenly someone does stop to read your work. That's not me. A little bird told me to check out this blog, and that's exactly what I did. Just now, I'm kind of thinking 'oh that I were this writer, a diamond in the rough as it were, one of the few bloggers that one happens to stubble across, who has something intelligent to say.' Yup. sounds a whole lot more intelligent than 'so as ah was sayin', ah decah-ded to check it out and *let out a catcall* you suure do have some faah-n legs.' Uhhuh, a lot more intelligentt.

Anonymous said...

To a dear young girl lost in neverland:
what an intellectual you have become.

Post a Comment